Below are the answers to the most commonly asked questions. If you can not find the information you require please call (416) 440-0123, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I sell jewelry to van Rijk?
We require an appointment with our buyer if you wish to sell or trade jewelry or watches. We can be contacted by email or phone .
This service is offered during business hours. We do not give values without seeing the item for sale.
We can be contacted by email at email@example.com or phone at 416 440-0123/4.
- Can I be present when the buyer is looking at my watch or jewelry?
Certainly. All appointments are done by the buyer in the presence of the seller.
- Is the purchase of my jewelry or watch confidential?
Absolutely. It is done in private and is strictly confidential.
- What will the buyer offer me?
The buyer will offer you three values being:
- A)Full cash buyout.
- B)Trade value (i.e that you can choose to trade it towards something else in the store.)
- C)Cash plus partial trade value (i.e a certain amount in cash and a certain amount in trade) to be determined by the client
- When do I get paid?
- You get paid on the spot.
- Do I have to pay HST on the trade
No you do not have to pay HST on the value of your trade assuming it is the same amount.
Applicable taxes would be required if there is a balance . In this case HST would be applied to that amount only.
- Am I obligated to sell if I make an appointment?
Absolutely not. You can choose not to sell.
- Is there a charge?
- No there is no charge .
- Can I get a range of price for an item on the phone or online?
- We do not give any prices without seeing the item.
- Do you buy broken gold?
We do buy anything that is real gold.
- Do you have a credit (layaway)program.
Yes we do. Our layaway plan allows our customers to choose the pieces they want and have extra time to pay for them. We offer a four month layaway without any interest.
First payment of 25% down, followed by three monthly payments of 25% each time. All layaway deposits are non refundable.
- What does your warranty on watches include?
Following your purchase, you have warranty for one year. One year warranty covers the actual working of the timepiece as long as it has not been tampered with.
- How can we be sure of the authenticity of what we buy?
We have been in business for 33 years. All of our watches come with a one year warranty and a certificate of authenticity. We do not sell copies. We stand by what we sell as being authentic.
Our watches are inspected by our Swiss trained professional watchmakers.
- What are your hours of operation?
Our showroom is open:
Sunday – Closed
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 10:30am-5:30pm
Wednesday – 10:30am-5:30pm
Thursday – 10:30am-7:30pm
Friday – 10:30am-5:30pm
Saturday – 11:00am-5:00pm
- Why sell to Van Rijk Jewellers?
Three generations of our family have taken pride in the Van Rijk name. Tradition and legacy is what has gotten us to where we are. We respect the desire to have your family heirlooms treated with respect to their legacy and importance.Our reputation is what sets up apart from our competition. In order for you to feel good about your experience and recommend us to your peers, we walk you through how we get to your valuation – this way you will see that we are fair, honest and transparent.
Van Rijk does not do consignment and pays on the spot. When selling, we provide you with three different options: full cash buy out value, cash + trade or full trade value that saves you the 13% tax.
- Where can I park?
There is a paid parking lot behind our building which can be accessed by travelling north along Dunfield Ave. There is available parking on the main floor as well as going down the ramp and parking on the first floor.
An alternative is across the street at Loblaws supermarket.It is on the South side of Eglinton Ave East.
- How do we order online?
You can order online by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do we pay online?
- We accept BANK WIRE ONLY . We do not accept Paypal or credit cards online. We do accept credit cards when presented in person at out store.We do require payment prior to shipping.
- How do you ship the item?
We ship with Fedex overnight. We cover the insurance.